New Turfgrass, Wheat Abandonment & Kay County OSU Wheat Trials
Thursday, May 26, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amy Hagerman has information for producers who are considering abandoning their wheat crop because of drought and other challenges.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet Agricultural coordinator, discusses this week's rainfall totals across the state. State climatologist Gary McManus shows us how those recent rains impacted the drought monitor map.
- Yanqi Wu, OSU professor and plant breeder, tells viewers what about the release of two new turfgrass varieties.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses personal safety considerations when handling cattle.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, has information on the latest news in the crop markets.
- Finally, SUNUP heads to Kay County to visit Don Schieber's farm to see how wheat is performing in north central Oklahoma.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA - Home