Summer Pests, Livestock Markets & Drought Improvements
Saturday, May 20, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Justin Talley, OSU Extension livestock entomologist, explains how we can keep ourselves and our pets safe from pests like ticks and mosquitoes this summer.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, shows how much soil moisture levels have changed over the past few weeks. State climatologist Gary McManus discusses improvements to the drought monitor.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says though pastures are looking green in drought-stricken areas, more rain is needed for better grazing prospects.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, breaks down the latest movements in the crop markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses internal parasite control in spring calving herds.
- Finally, we learn what makes Joe Williams an OSU 2022 Distinguished Alumnus.