Lahoma Field Day, Wheat Disease, Bermudagrass Pastures
Thursday, May 19, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- We bring you the show from the annual Wheat Field at the North Central Research Station at Lahoma. Amanda Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, discusses how the wheat is performing in her variety trials at the station and at other sites around the state.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, breaks down the latest rainfall accumulation maps. State Climatologist Gary McManus says even through eastern Oklahoma is out of drought, conditions are worsening in the western part of the state.
- Brett Carver, OSU wheat genetics chair, continues his annual SUNUP tradition in walking us through potential wheat variety candidates for commercial release.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains what the latest USDA supply and demand report means for Oklahoma producers.
- Meriem Aoun, OSU Extension wheat pathologist, has information about wheat disease pressure at Lahoma and other areas of the state.
- Finally, Mark Johnson, OSU Extension breed cattle breeding specialist, discusses bermudagrass pastures and why it may be important to fertilize in drought stricken areas.