Summer Crops, Salt Water for Crops & DASNR Honors
Thursday, May 11, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Becky Carroll, OSU Extension fruit and nut specialist, discusses the upcoming Oklahoma Pecan Growers Association Convention.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, says summer crops are having a hard time getting established given the cool soil temperatures. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the latest drought monitor map.
- Josh Lofton, OSU Extension cropping systems specialist, explains what needs to happen for a successful summer crop season.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, gives advice for how producers should sell their wheat.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses reproductive tract scoring.
- We revisit a story about OSU research on salt water application for crops.
Finally, SUNUP learns what makes John Fenderson an OSU 2022 Distinguished Alumnus.