Bull Selection, Ukraine and ATV Safety
Saturday, March 5, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Kris Hiney, OSU Extension equine specialist, compares snaffle bits to curb bits.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural data specialist, says Oklahoma’s soil moisture map looks like it’s from two different states. Gary McManus, state climatologist, is optimistic when he looks at the March precipitation outlook.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, has advice on weighing genetics options when selecting a bull.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, analyzes the impact of the Ukraine/Russian war on crop prices.
- Barry Whitworth, OSU Extension veterinarian, has tips for a successful spring lambing season.
- Finally, we spend the day in Logan County at the 4-H/Farm Bureau ATV Safety Facility. The program recently won a national award as one of the most innovative new initiatives in the Farm Bureau organization.