Weaning Fall Calves Early, Drought Improvement & a Special Broadcast
Saturday, March 25, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says weaning fall-born calves early will help save forage this spring and summer. Dave also invites viewers to register for the Rancher’s Thursday Lunchtime Series, the popular webinars presented by OSU’s Beef Extension team.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent windy days and explains how the Oklahoma Mesonet is able to measure wind speeds. State climatologist Gary McManus shows how recent rains improved the drought picture.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, says for the first time ever Brazil will be the number one exporter of corn.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses the benefits of estrus synchronization in cattle herds.
- Ryan Desantis, OSU Extension forestry specialist, explains why the Bradford pear tree is such a nuisance.
- Finally, we travel to Garfield County to meet with a group of Chisholm Elementary students giving SUNUP a run for its money by producing their school newscast.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA (PBS)