Wildfire Conditions, Vitamin A & Geese Impacts on Wheat
Saturday, March 19, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- John Weir, OSU Extension fire ecologist, provides a wildfire update and gives advice on how to protect your land.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the impacts Russia’s war with Ukraine will have on Oklahoma producers.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, analyzes the latest rainfall maps in the state.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, explains the role vitamin A plays in cattle nutrition and why supplementing cows during drought is so crucial.
- Dwayne Elmore, OSU Extension wildlife specialist, talks about the impacts geese can have on wheat fields.
- Kris Hiney, OSU Extension equine specialist, discusses how horse owners can determine what is in their horse’s feed.
- Varieties developed by OSU’s Wheat Improvement Team are in the top eight spots in the latest USDA-NASS Wheat Variety Report for Oklahoma.
- Finally, Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, continues his modern genetic prediction series.