Bloat in Cattle, OALP & Beef Markets
Saturday, March 18, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Paul Beck, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says cases of bloat in cattle are on the rise and producers need to be on the lookout.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, looks back at the last freeze dates from the past few years. State climatologist Gary McManus says warmer temperatures are just around the corner.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, explains why consumers can expect to see higher beef prices for the next few months.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses Russia’s role in the world wheat market.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains the importance of having enough bulls during the breeding season.
- Edmond Bonjour, Oklahoma Agricultural Leadership Program director, talks about the group’s recent international trip and encourages people to apply for OALP Class XXI.
- Finally, Barry Whitworth, OSU Extension southeast area food and animal quality health specialist, says changes to over-the-counter livestock medications are on the horizon.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA (PBS)