Wheat Nutrients, Genetics & Women in Extension
Saturday, March 12, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision nutrient management specialist, provides an update on Oklahoma’s wheat crop and offers management guidance amid continued market volatility. He also stresses the importance of soil testing.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, has an overview of the markets and how the current situation affects both producers and consumers.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses soil temperatures and the progression of first hollow stem. Gary McManus, state climatologist, updates the drought monitor and analyzes rainfall totals from the past six months.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses prices and market stabilization, fertilizer costs and the latest WASDE report.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, defines industry terms for modern genetic prediction.
- Finally, as part of Women’s History Month, we revisit a favorite SUNUP story featuring
women in OSU Extension.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV