New OSU Wheat Variety, Well Water Quality & Crop Markets
Friday, March 10, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Brett Carver, OSU Regents Professor and wheat genetics chair, discusses High Cotton, the university’s newly-released hard red winter wheat variety.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, explains the three methods the Oklahoma Mesonet uses to measure soil moisture. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the latest drought monitor map.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the latest movements in the crop markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, says there may be a higher likelihood of retained placenta cases during calving this year.
- Darren Scott, OSU food scientist, explains what makes convection ovens work.
- Finally, Kevin Wagner, director of the Oklahoma Water Resources Center, has information on the center’s goal to implement a well water education program
across the state.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA (PBS)