Preparing for Summer!
Saturday, June 3, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- With the first day of summer approaching fast, SUNUP is looking back at some of its favorite summertime topics starting with Justin Talley, OSU Extension livestock entomologist, who has information on how to keep those pesky Oklahoma insects away.
- Dwayne Elmore, OSU Extension wildlife specialist, discusses poison ivy and how to control the plant.
- Laura Goodman, OSU Extension rangeland specialist, explains how to identify poison hemlock and the dangers of coming in contact with it.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, says the wheat harvest in Oklahoma has begun and shares information on how the crop is looking so far.
- SUNUP takes a look back at a western Oklahoma tradition, hunting rattlesnakes.
- Barry Whitworth, OSU Extension southeast area food and animal quality health specialist, discusses how to keep our pets cool in the hot days of summer.
- Marley Beem, OSU Extension aquaculture specialist, explains the difference between weeds and algal blooms in ponds.
- Finally, SUNUP revisits last year’s OSU Extension Cattlewomen’s Boot Camp event.