Wheat Harvest in Cleveland County, Poison Hemlock & High Feed Costs
Saturday, June 25, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Amanda Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, gives an update on how wheat harvest is progressing throughout the state.
- Wes Lee, OSU Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the June heat wave. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the latest drought monitor map.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains the recent shake-up in the wheat market.
- Laura Goodman, OSU Extension range specialist, gives tips on how to identify and manage one of the most dangerous plants in the country, poison hemlock.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses how to manage heat stress in cattle herds.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says even though feed costs are high, the Oklahoma Gold Program could be a net positive for cattle producers.
- Finally, SUNUP heads to Cleveland County for wheat harvest and to meet a fourth-generation farming family.