Mosquitos, Heat Stress in Cattle & Wheat Harvest Update
Saturday, June 18, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Justin Tally, OSU Entomology and Plant Pathology department head and Extension livestock entomologist, says the recent rains coupled with the high temperatures will make the perfect opportunity for mosquitos to flourish.
- Wes Lee, OSU Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses how the hot weather has impacted the plant evapotranspiration map. State climatologist Gary McManus compares this June’s heat to the record temperatures of June 2011.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, breaks down the latest news in the cattle markets.
- With about 45 percent of Oklahoma’s wheat harvest complete, we provide an update on yields, test weights and protein levels.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses what’s impacting the crop markets.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, has information on managing horn flies.
- Paul Beck, OSU Extension beef specialist, discusses heat stress in cattle.
- Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, explains the seriousness of the rabies virus.