Summer Crops, Precision Agriculture & Wheat Harvest
Saturday, June 11, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Josh Lofton, OSU Extension cropping systems specialist, gives an update on how summer crops look across the state.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent heavy rainfall and flooding some areas saw this past week. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the latest drought monitor map.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains how producers can get more value out of their weaned calves.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the latest price movements in the wheat market.
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision nutrient management specialist, breaks down the research currently underway by the Precision Nutrient Management Wheat Program.
- Justin Tally, OSU Entomology and Plant Pathology department head and Extension livestock entomologist, explains the connection between lone star ticks and red meat allergies.
- With about 20 percent of the Oklahoma’s wheat harvest complete, we provide an update on test weights and yield numbers.
- Finally, SUNUP heads to Grady County to check out the OSU Extension Cattlewomen’s Boot Camp.