Nitrate Toxicity, Corn as Forage & Heat Stress in Cattle
Thursday, July 21, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- We travel to Noble County to meet with a producer who’s getting his forage sorghum hay tested for nitrates. Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, and Rick Clovis, OSU Extension agricultural educator in Pawnee and Osage Counties, offer management and forage testing advice.
- Alex Rocateli, OSU Extension forage systems specialist, gives guidance for producers wanting to use corn as forage.
- State climatologist Gary McManus says there is an above average chance of rain for much of the state in the next 6 to 10 days.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses the benefits of early weaning during extreme temperatures.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension small grains specialist, says wheat prices may have finally hit bottom.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, breaks down the latest news in the cattle markets.
- Finally, Paul Beck, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, has guidance for managing heat stress in cattle.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV