Blister Beetles, Pond Algae & Carcass Management
Thursday, July 14, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Kelly Seuhs, OSU Extension Alfalfa specialist, explains why populations of blister beetles are higher this summer than in past years.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural specialist, says many areas in the state are officially in a flash drought.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, covers the latest WASDE report and explains why the wheat market has recently taken a hit.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses genetics in cattle selection.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, has information about using the Oklahoma Gold Program for fall-born replacement heifers.
- Marley Beem, OSU Extension aquaculture specialist, tells us when pond owners should be concerned about algae blooms.
- Finally, SUNUP takes a look at recent train the trainer workshops about managing mass loss in livestock.