Winter Water, Cotton Harvest & Quail Habitats
Friday, January 6, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, discusses ways to manage ponds and other water sources over the winter. Dave also mentions the low-cost water testing services available through local county OSU Extension offices.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, compares last year’s rain and temperatures to the 30-year averages. State climatologist Gary McManus says Oklahoma starts off the year with 90% of the state still in drought. The data also shows Goodwell had its driest year ever.
- Gary Strickland, Jackson County OSU Extension director, has an overview of cotton harvest and invite’s SUNUP viewers to the upcoming Red River Crops Conference.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, talks about the current markets and why some crops are priced higher right now.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, offers guidance on the equipment and materials producers should have on hand during spring calving season.
- In Naturally Speaking, Dwayne Elmore, OSU Extension wildlife specialist, has tips on creating great quail habitats.