Cattle Management in Winter & Early Spring
Friday, January 27, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, recommends the important first steps for producers to ensure newborn calves get off to a good start.
- Paul Beck, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, explains the best cattle management strategies when dealing with extremely cold temperatures, and he has information on bloat.
- Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says it’s important for producers to have a cattle fetal program in place with spring calving on the way.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, explains why herds could be dealing with vitamin A deficiencies this year.
- Brian Freking, OSU Extension Southeast area livestock specialist, discusses low-stress cattle management.
- Finally, Barry Whitworth, OSU Southeast area food and animal quality health specialist, discusses how the cold weather impacts livestock, and then gives a look at a calving simulator.