Fertilizer Decisions, Pecan Workshop & Drought Update
Saturday, January 14, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision nutrient management specialist, has guidance on whether to apply fertilizer to wheat this winter.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses La Nina’s impact on winter temperatures. State climatologist Gary McManus looks at the observed water accumulation from the past three months and updates the latest drought monitor map.
- Becky Carroll, OSU Extension fruit and pecan specialist, looks back at the 2022 pecan crop and invites viewers to the upcoming 2023 Pecan Pest Management workshop.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses the importance of colostrum during the first 12 hours after a calf is born.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains why world wheat exports have been on a steady decline.
- Finally, a heartwarming story about Lenny Hughes, a landscape architect who’s helping ensure all children can enjoy themselves on the playground. Hughes is a distinguished alumnus of the Ferguson College of Agriculture.