Hydrating During Winter, Wheat Grazing & USDA Cattle Report
Saturday, February 4, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Janice Hermann, OSU Extension adult and older adult nutrition specialist, explains why it’s important to stay hydrated during the winter months.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent cold spell and says warm weather is on its way for next week. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the latest drought monitor and predicts increased odds of precipitation for February.
- Roger Sahs, OSU Extension enterprise budget and land values specialist, has information on a new fact sheet that examines wheat graze out versus wheat harvest for grain.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, breaks down the USDA’s latest cattle inventory numbers.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, says only a small percentage of the 2023 wheat crop is in good condition, but all it takes is a little rain to help it along.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses calf scours.
Finally, after both NFL Conference Championship games were played on turfgrass developed by OSU scientists, we take a look back at what it took to develop the bermudagrass varieties.