Wildfire Potential, Temperature Outlook & Freeze Branding
Saturday, February 25, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- John Weir, OSU Extension fire ecologist, says wildfires are still a risk in Oklahoma as spring approaches.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, analyzes maps illustrating the percentage of water available to plants. State climatologist Gary McManus predicts warmer weather for the spring.
- We take a look back at a SUNUP favorite where soldiers attended an OSU Extension training session on how to handle livestock in disaster situations.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, talks with Grant Hubbard, OSU Purebred Beef Cattle Center herd manager, about freeze branding.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses the USDA’s latest crop report numbers.
- Finally, SUNUP learns what makes Karen Eifert Jones a distinguished alumna of OSU’s Ferguson College of Agriculture.