Wheat, Drought & Insects & Happy Retirement, Dr. Tom Royer
Thursday, December 15, 2022
This week on SUNUP
- Amanda Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, says the wheat crop is generally smaller so far this growing season, which makes it vulnerable to harsh temperature changes.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, predicts cold weather is on its way for the holidays. State climatologist Gary McManus says recent rains over the past month have helped, but a lot more is needed.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, discusses how world grain production impacts prices here in the U.S.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, explains forage budgeting with non-traditional sources of hay.
- Tom Royer, OSU Extension entomologist, gives a pest update, and we thank him for his years of service as he enters retirement.
- Finally, SUNUP viewers learn what makes Patsiann Nix Smith a 2022 Distinguished Alumna.