Vitamin A Deficiency, LeFlore County OQBN Sale & Honoring Elizabeth Logan
Saturday, December 10, 2022
This week, SUNUP brings you the show from LeFlore County.
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, answers questions from producers and offers advice about vitamin A deficiencies in livestock.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the maximum air temperature for November. State climatologist Gary McManus looks back at the rainfall totals for 2022.
- We learn about the first-ever Oklahoma Quality Beef Network Sale in far Eastern Oklahoma. Brian Freking, Southeast Area Livestock Specialist, and Paul Vining, OQBN coordinator, talk about launching the program in LeFlore County. We’ll also hear from a producer who’s new to the program, as well as the owner of the LeFlore County Livestock Auction.
- In Cow-Calf Corner, Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, shows us the best ways to store hay this winter.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, suggests adjusting your selling strategy from one-thirds to one-fifths.
- In Naturally Speaking, Dwayne Elmore, OSU Extension wildlife specialist, looks at how drought is impacting Oklahoma wildlife.
- Finally, SUNUP viewers learn what inspired Mrs. Elizabeth Logan to gift her ranch to OSU for research and why she is an OSU Agriculture Champion.