Summer Crops as Forage, Risk Management & Cattle Markets
Thursday, August 4, 2022
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision soil nutrient specialist, has information on nutrient values in failed summer crops being used for forage.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent cool-down. State climatologist Gary McManus updates the latest drought monitor map.
- Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, says now is the time for producers to evaluate their productions when it comes to risk.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, thinks the markets may be leveling out.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, helps producers determine which cows to cull from the herd during this drought.
- Finally, Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says the overall drought in the country will impact cattle markets for years to come.
Join us for SUNUP:
Saturday at 7:30 a.m. & Sunday at 6 a.m. on OETA-TV