Summer Crops, Protein Supplements & Welcome Dr. Lusk!
Saturday, August 26, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, has guidance on protein supplementation for cow-calf pairs in late summer.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent heat wave. State climatologist Gary McManus explains how this wave is impacting the drought monitor.
- Josh Lofton, OSU Extension cropping systems specialist, explains how the recent heat wave is impacting summer crops.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses what to look for when purchasing a calf.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says even though this heat wave is rough, pasture conditions should hold up well for the rest of the summer in many parts of the state.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, breaks down the latest move in the crop markets.
- Finally, SUNUP welcomes the new vice president and dean of OSU Agriculture, Dr. Jayson Lusk.