Saturday, April 29, 2023
This Week on SUNUP:
- Dave Lalman, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, says cattle producers need to be aware of vitamin A deficiencies in their herds.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the latest rainfall totals and what the impacts were to our drought-stricken soils. State climatologist Gary McManus says these recent rains should make a dent in the drought picture, but more precipitation is needed.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, explains why Russia has such a big impact on U.S. grain prices.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, answers questions about the upcoming Blueprint for the Future Cattlemen’s Conference.
- SUNUP celebrates a very special milestone for our host, Lyndall Stout. Twenty-five years of television broadcasting!
- Rosslyn Biggs, OSU Extension beef cattle specialist, discusses the recent case of Equine Herpes Mycloencephalopathy that was found at a Tulsa County horse show.
- Darren Scott, OSU Food Scientist, has information on modified atmosphere packaging.
- Finally, with the recent devastating tornadoes in several counties, including Pottawatomie
and McClain, Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, has information on resources available to assist those impacted by these storms.