Disaster Preparedness & Recovery
Saturday, April 15, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Gina Peek, OSU Extension housing and consumer specialist, discusses how you can keep yourself and your family safe and prepared during the storm season.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, explains the time of day tornados typically occur and has an overview of the state's warning systems. State climatologist Gary McManus analyzes why conditions in Oklahoma become so ripe for severe weather in the spring.
- Amy Hagerman, OSU Extension agricultural policy specialist, has information on what to do if you and your family are impacted by severe weather.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, looks at how the drought impacts crop conditions and prices.
- Derrell Peel, OSU Extension livestock marketing specialist, says the fed cattle market is at an all-time high.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, previews the upcoming Blueprint for the Future Cattlemen’s Conference.
- Finally, we take a look at what makes Ag Day at the Capitol such a fun event each year.