Pasture Management, Wheat Update & DASNR HONORS
Saturday, April 8, 2023
This week on SUNUP:
- Brian Arnall, OSU Extension precision soil nutrient management specialist, has guidance for producers when it comes to managing their pastures this spring.
- Wes Lee, OSU Extension Mesonet agricultural coordinator, discusses the recent windy start to April and how it compares to this time last year. State climatologist Gary McManus says drought is expanding throughout the state.
- Amanda de Oliveira Silva, OSU Extension small grains specialist, says the wheat crop in several areas of the state is in dire need of rainfall.
- Kim Anderson, OSU Extension grain marketing specialist, breaks down the USDA’s latest crop progress report.
- Mark Johnson, OSU Extension beef cattle breeding specialist, discusses pasture management in regard to nitrogen applications.
- Finally, we learn what makes Professor Carl Whitcomb an OSU Agriculture Champion.