Roasted Potato and Cucumber Salad
Combine roasted red potatoes to a homemade cucumber salad to make a delicious, fresh tasting side dish for any meal.
- 2 pounds small or medium red potatoes, scrubbed, dried and halved or quartered if large
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a large rimmed baking sheet or large bowl, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer, cut side down. Roast on the bottom rack of the oven 30 minutes, or until potatoes are browned and tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- While potatoes cool, whisk together mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed and garlic in a large bowl. Gradually add and whisk in 1/4 cup oil. Stir in crushed red pepper, oregano and 1 teaspoon minced parsley.
- If necessary, cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Add potatoes to bowl with dressing and stir gently. Add cucumber, red onion and remaining parsley and stir again.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 10|
|Amounts per Serving|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 15 g||22%|
|Saturated Fat: 2 g||10%|
|Cholesterol: 3 mg||1%|
|Sodium: 150 mg||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 19 g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber: 2 g||8%|
|Protein: 3 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.