Nitrate toxicity, prussic acid, and aflatoxin accumulation are potentially dangerous for grazing. Learn how to manage the drought season by viewing the fact sheets and articles listed below.
|Test||Factsheet||Source for Testing|
|Nitrates||Nitrate Toxicity in Livestock||OSU Soil Water and Forage Analytical Laboratory (SWAFL)||Fee Schedule|
|Prussic Acid||Prussic Acid Poisoning||Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab (OADDL)||Fee Schedule|
OSU doesn’t have a factsheet for this but there are other articles out there that can be used.
|Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Lab (OADDL)`||Fee Schedule|
View the information listed below about drought strategies resources.
- Drought Damaged Corn Plants For Cattle
- Nitrate Toxicity In Livestock
- Collecting Forage Samples For Analysis
- Prussic Acid Poisoning
- Forage Drought Management Strategies
- Limit Feeding Of Hay
- Ammoniation Of Low Quality Roughages
View the contact information at the list below for each county and connect with them.
Learn how to manage drought seasons. The list below contains some factsheets and articles about drought resources.
- Management of Cows with Limited Forage Availability
- Early Weaning for the Beef Herd
- Blue-Green Algae-General
- Blue Green Algae Blooms
- Blue-Green Algae-Livestock
- Body Condition Scoring of Beef Cows
- Livestock Drinking Water Quality
- Livestock Drinking Water Quality: Understanding Your Water Test Report
- Cattle Heat Stress
- Estimating Water Requirements for Mature Beef Cows
- Understanding a Water Test Report
- OSU Water Test Interpretations
- Impact of Horn Flies on Cattle during Heat Stress
- Early Weaning Decision Aid
Explore the drought areas in the country at the list below. Check the drought summary every week.
- Current US Drought Map
- US Drought Forecast
- South Central Drought Map
- Oklahoma Rainfall as Percent of Normal
- Two Days Ahead Forecast Maximum Cattle Comfort Map
View information about cattle nutrition, diet and supplementation from the links below.