ODAFF Pesticide Applicator Testing Procedure
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (ODAFF) testing is now provided by PSI Services LLC. All testing is computer based and will be done at PSI testing centers in Oklahoma and other states. For more information please see the links below and the FAQ.
- Why is ODAFF making this change?
ODAFF switched to the PSI computer based testing to free up ODAFF personnel to perform other job duties and be more efficient with resources. PSI testing centers will also provide more locations and testing opportunities for applicators. The computer based testing at the PSI testing locations also provides for better test security over the old paper based testing.
- Is an appointment required to take an exam?
All exams will require an appointment be made through PSI. Applicators must make an appointment for each exam they wish to take. There are no walk-ins accepted at the PSI testing locations.
- How do you make an appointment?
Appointments have to be made either on the PSI website or by phone at (855) 579-4643. Appointments must be be made at least one day before the date of testing.
- Where are the PSI test centers located?
- Oklahoma City I - 3800 N Classen Blvd, Ste C-20, Oklahoma City, OK 73118
- Oklahoma City II - NW 23rd St and Villa Avenue, Suite 60, Shepherd Mall Office Complex, Oklahoma City, OK 73107
- Tulsa - 2816 East 51St Street, Suite 101, Tulsa, OK 74105
- McAlester - 21 East Carl Albert Parkway (US Hwy 270), McAlester, Oklahoma 74501
- Woodward - 1915 Oklahoma Ave, Suite 3, Woodward, OK 73801
- Lawton - Great Plains Technology Center, 4500 West Lee Blvd Building 300- RM 308, Lawton, OK 73505
- Enid - Autry Technology Center, 1201 W. Willow Rd, Enid, OK 73703
- Ponca City - Pioneer Technology Center, 2101 N Ash, Ponca City, OK 74601
Testing can also be done at PSI test centers located in other states please see their website for out of state locations.
Days and times may vary by location. Testing availability will be shown for each location when making a reservation.
No walk-ins! An appointment is required.
- What do the exams cost?
Each exam will cost $95 and is paid when making the appointment through the PSI website or PSI reservation number (855) 579-4643. A valid credit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover) is required.
- Can reservations be rescheduled or canceled?
Appointments can be rescheduled or canceled at the PSI website or the PSI reservation number (855) 579-4643. Reservations must be rescheduled or canceled 2 days before the testing date or you will forfeit your exam fees. Do not leave a voicemail when canceling a reservation make sure to speak to customer service 2 days before the exam date.
- Is an ID required?
Applicators must provide some form of government issued identification. This can be state issued drivers license, state issued identification card, US passport, US military ID, US alien registration card. You will not be able to test without proper identification and can forfeit exam fees if you show up without identification.
- How soon do I need to arrive before my exam time and how much time do I have to test?
Applicators should arrive at the PSI exam centers at least 30 minutes before the exam reservation. You can forfeit your exam fee if you are not at the PSI exam center at lease 30 minutes before the exam time. Applicators will have 75 minutes to complete the exam once it starts.
- Can I sign up multiple employees to test the same day?
If an employer wants to reserve exam slots for multiple employees, contact PSI Customer Service Representative at (855) 579-4643 to make reservations for multiple employees to test on the same date.
- What can I bring with me when testing?
Applicators should not bring any items to the test center. Calculators, scratch paper and pencil will be provided by the test center. All personal belongings such as cell phones, smart watches, wallets, purses, backpacks will have to be placed in secure storage at the testing center. No hats or bulky clothing such as hooded clothing, heavy coats, overcoats, or shawls can be worn into the testing area. Having any of these items in the testing area will cause your test to be invalidated and reported to ODAFF.
- Will ODAFF still give paper tests?
No all testing will be done at PSI test centers. ODAFF will no longer give any paper tests.
- Will private applicators use PSI exam centers to get certified?
Private Applicator paper exams have to be submitted before January 1, 2020 to be accepted by ODAFF.
- When will private applicators start testing at PSI exam centers?
Private applicators must use the PSI exam centers beginning January 1, 2020.