About Fire Service Training
OSU Fire Service Training (FST) is an extension unit of OSU's College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology. OSU FST has legislative mandate to train
Oklahoma's emergency responders, and provides Oklahoma emergency responders a broad spectrum of training ranging from the basic skills to more advanced specialized topics.
OSU FST's long-standing commitment of service to Oklahoma paid and volunteer firefighters
now extends to emergency responders outside of this traditional realm.
In January 1997, OSU FST created the Industrial Section to serve emergency responders in a commercial, industrial, institutional and governmental entities.
Types of training available include:
- Structural Firefighter
- Wildland Firefighting
- Emergency Medical Services
- Industrial Firefighting
- Fire Prevention
View our full list of courses and certifications!
The Oklahoma Assistive Technology Foundation was awarded a grant from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to install smoke alarms and alert equipment in the homes of individuals with a disability.
OSU Fire Service Training partners with many agencies across Oklahoma to ensure training needs are being met!
- Oklahoma State Firefighters Association
- Oklahoma Fire Chiefs Association
- Oklahoma Department of Homeland Security
- Office of Emergency Management
- Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education
- OSU Fire Protection Publications
- International Fire Service Training Association
- Oklahoma State Fire Marshal
- Rural Fire Coordinators
- Fire Service Instructors of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Department of Forestry
- Metro Chiefs
- Green Country Chiefs
- Oklahoma Insurance Department
- Oklahoma Department of Health
- Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
- National Fire Academy
- Emergency Management Institute
- Industrial Partners