Oklahoma County Master Gardeners actively volunteer year-round in community service and education, meeting and working with people who love gardening. To learn more visit the Oklahoma Master Gardener Program website.
Become a Master Gardener
To help you decide if you should apply to be a Master Gardener ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want to learn more about the culture and maintenance of many types of plants?
- Am I eager to participate in a practical and intense training program?
- Do I look forward to sharing my knowledge with people in my community?
- Do I have enough time to attend training and to serve as a volunteer?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Master Gardener program could be for you. For more information, view the 2023 Master Gardener application.
Find us in your Community
- Home Gardening 101 Workshop for 2023
- Working with children at libraries, Science Fairs, Early Education, Elementary, and Middle Schools - teaching children of all ages during and after school time, and in the summer
- Farmer's Markets: OSU-OKC, Klein/Old FM, and Downtown Edmond
- Fairs, Expos and Conferences
- The “Wednesday @ Will Rogers Gardens” lecture series is open to the public and is presented at no charge by the Oklahoma County Extension Master Gardeners and the Oklahoma County OSU Extension. This popular series provides university research-based information on a variety of garden and horticulture topics. All presentations are by local horticulture experts and/or Certified Extension Master Gardeners. No registration is required, and all ages are welcome.