Welcome to the Greer County's Agriculture page! Find programs and information about agriculture, production and management within Greer county and surrounding areas to help your farm, ranch or garden. We are always happy to help and direct you in the right direction to best fit your needs.
Soil, Water and Forage Testing
The OSU Soil, Water & Forage Analytical Laboratory works in conjunction with the OSU Extension. To help serve the state of Oklahoma with testing Services, each County Extension Office is set up to take samples for analysis. You are encouraged to take your sample to your local County Extension office.
Submitting a Sample
Step 1. Obtain the proper sample bag/container from the local County Extension office. It is important for samples to be in the correct containers.
- Properly sampled soil should be put in a soil bag. Please fill the bag. The Lab WILL NOT accept a bag less than half full.
- Water should be put in the 4 oz plastic water bottles
- Forage/Solid Feed/Plant Tissue should be put in the Forage Bags. Liquid feed(can only run Protein) should be put in the 4 oz plastic bottle.
- Animal waste Solid/Compost must be put in two plastic zip bags. Liquid should be put in the 8 oz plastic container and only filled half; then the plastic container should be put in a zip bag. Liquid animal waste has a tendency to expand and can explode in transit. The plastic zip bag can help keep everything contained and not lost in transit.
Step 2. Properly Collect the sample.
Step 3. Clearly mark what test is required on the sample bag tag. If you are not sure what test is needed, your local County Extension can assist with questions. They are there to help!
Step 4. Take the sample to the Extension Office. Payment is expected at time of sample drop off.
- Want the latest information on Oklahoma weather conditions? Visit the Mesonet homepage.
- Find video news from OSU specialists, researchers and other experts on SUNUP TV.
- Find research-based information on a wide variety of topics including agriculture, economic development, family and consumer sciences, and youth development from OSU Extension Fact Sheets.
- Farm and Ranch Lease Information