OSU Agricultural Communications Services wins awards
Monday, July 19, 2021
Media Contact: Jami Mattox | Digital Manager | 405-744-1884 | email@example.com
Oklahoma State University Agricultural Communications Services employees have earned a total of 20 awards in international, national and state competitions in 2021.
“Our communications and marketing team is honored to serve OSU students and the people of Oklahoma with educational news and information,” said Lyndall Stout, OSU Agricultural Communications Services director. “And when these talented professionals receive recognition and awards for the work they love to do, it really is the icing on the cake. I’m so proud of them.”
ACE is an international association of communicators, educators and information technologists who focus on communicating research-based information in agriculture, natural resources and human and life sciences.
- Mandy Gross, Dave Deken, Darren Scott — Gold Award Winner, Electronic Media: Programs, Podcasts and Spots: “The Food Files Podcast”
- Kurtis Hair — Silver Award Winner, Electronic Media, Video: Profile Videos: “2020 Beckham County Wheat Harvest”
- Kurtis Hair, Edd Beran — Bronze Award Winner, Electronic Media, Video: Profile Videos: “Virtual Learning & Rural Broadband”
- Daniel Farris, Craig Woods, Dave Deken, Kurtis Hair, Edd Beran, John Weir, Cole Fagen, Todd Johnson — Gold Award Winner, Electronic Media, Video: Informational, news or educational video for internal or student audience: “Prescribed Burn Associations: “Neighbors Helping Neighbors Getting Fire Back on the Ground”
- Kristin Knight — Gold Award Winner, Graphic Design 8: Logos: “4-H Roundup Vision”
- Lyndall Stout, Melissa Mourer, David Warren, Laura Wray, Jane Carpenter, Dwayne Hunter, Jorge Atiles, Sonya McDaniel, Loren Sizelove, Andrew Breshears, Jennie Salamoun — Gold Award Winner, Information Technology 3: Website: “Oklahoma State University Extension Websites Transformation”
- Mandy Gross — Gold Award Winner, Publishing 1: Newsletters: “The Pantry Newsletter”
- Melissa Mourer, Samantha Siler, Lyndall Stout, Lindsey Davidson, Amanda Jones-Treadwell, Craig Woods, Daniel Farris, Dave Deken, Edd Beran, Kurtis Hair, Todd Johnson, Kevin Gragg, Casey Hentges, Elizabeth Brock — Gold Award Winner, Marketing communications campaign over $1000: “Ferguson College of Agriculture New Name, Same Family Campaign”
OCPRA connects communicators and public relations professionals in colleges and universities across the state through education, funding and networking.
- Audrey Ochsner, Alicia Young and Kristin Knight — second place, Events/Promotion: “2020 Oklahoma 4-H Roundup”
- Audrey Ochsner, Kristin Knight — first place, Holiday Greeting: “4-H Holiday Greetings”
- Braeden Coon, Sarah Harris, Alisa Northcutt and Shelly Legg — second place, Magazine: “Cowboy Journal V. 23, No. 2”
- Mandy Gross, Darren Scott, Renee’ Albers-Nelson and Dave Deken — second place, Multimedia: “The Food Files Podcast”
- Mandy Gross — second place, Newsletter: “The Pantry Newsletter”
- Cynda Clary, Melissa Mourer, Samantha Siler and Kassie Jo Winn-Huizar — first place, Social Media Campaign: “National FFA Recruitment Campaign”
- Cynda Clary, Melissa Mourer, Samantha Siler, Kassie Jo Winn-Huizar — honorable mention, Video Feature: “CASNR | Where Friends Become Family”