Sweet and Spicy Pepper Salad
A combination of bell peppers, mangos, juice from an orange and other ingredients to create a sweet and spicy pepper salad.
- Juice from one orange, about 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/2 ripe mango, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 apple, unpeeled, quartered, cored and cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup (packed) fresh cilantro or Italian parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Puree orange juice, vegetable oil and garlic in a blender until smooth.
- Combine peppers, mango, apple and cilantro or parsley in a large bowl. Stir in dressing, salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate about 4 hours, until peppers soften slightly and flavors blend together.
- Serve at room temperature.
|Serving Size: 1|
|Servings per Recipe: 1|
|Amount per Serving|
|Calories: 74||Calories from Fat trace|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat: 3 g||3%|
|Saturated Fat: trace||1%|
|Cholesterol: 0 g||0%|
|Sodium: 163 mg||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate: 13 g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber: 3 g||10%|
|Protein: 1 g|
*The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.