Ottawa County 4-H
Oklahoma 4-H is dedicated to helping Oklahoma youth, families and communities reach their full potential. By providing hands-on programming and events in a large variety of projects, 4-H is not only helping youth learn the life skills they need to be the leaders of tomorrow, but it is also teaching its members they can lead today and can make tangible, significant changes in their clubs, their communities, their state and their world.
Whether you enjoy working with animals, building robots, taking photographs, singing or even collecting bugs, Oklahoma 4-H has a place for you and – if you put forth the effort – will give you a firm foundation to succeed in life, no matter what career path you choose!
4-H Clubs in Ottawa County
- Afton 4-H ClubMeetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday at 3:30 pm in Mrs. Clogston's classroom. Afton 4-H Leader Mary Clogston: For more information contact the OSU Extension Office, (918) 542-1688
- Commerce/Quapaw 4-H Club
Currently needing an adult volunteer for this club. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office, (918) 542-1688
- Fairland 4-H ClubLeader is Kathy Brock : Meetings are held on the 2nd Wednesday at 3:20 pm in the FFA Ag Room : For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Miami 4-H ClubLeader is Jimmy Cox. Meetings are 3rd Monday each month at 6:30 pm at the Sunflower Ranch, across from the fairgrounds. For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Wyandotte 4-H ClubLeader is Kathy Brock : Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday at 3:20 pm in the Wyandotte School cafeteria : For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
- Ottawa County Shooting Sports Club
OCSS is for youth ages 9-19 that live or go to school in Ottawa County. The youth must be enrolled in 4-H to participate.
Ottawa County Shooting Sports
- Certified Shooting Sports Coaches are required to attend a 2-day training in the discipline they would like to be involved with.
- Archery, Air Rifle/Pistol, .22 Rifle/Pistol, Muzzleloader, Shotgun, Western Heritage, & Hunting & Wildlife.
- Each County must also have a County Coordinator.
- Contact Ottawa County OSU Extension 918-542-1688 for more information
- Certified Coaches
- Jimmy Cox--.22 Rifle/Pistol & Air Rifle/Pistol, Shotgun, & Archery
WE NEED MORE ADULT VOLUNTEERS! IF INTERESTED CONTACT JIMMY OR THE OFFICE!!!
Air Pistol/Rifle, .22 Pistol/Rifle, & Archery Must be at least 9 years old.
Sunflower Ranch ( Across from the Fairgrounds)
Shotgun. must be at least 10 years old.
Shawnee Skies- 11245 S 705 Rd, Wyandotte, OK ( off of State line road, Hwy 10)
All participants must have a 4-H Enrollment form, Medical Forms, and a parent/guardian present.Members must also have hunter safety cards.
- Ottawa County Horse Club
- Ottawa County Dog Club
Classes start the first Tuesday after school is out in May.They will be held every Tuesday evening at 6:30 at the Miami Fairgrounds up until the fair. To be eligible to compete at the dog show during the fair, you and your dog must participate in 3 classes, and all dogs must have current shots.
Dog Club leader is Deanna Steinbach.
For more information contact the OSU Extension Office at (918) 542-1688
4-H Forms & Awards
Access to forms, registrations, scholarship information, Record books.
- 4-H Ritual
- State Record Books--information on State Record Books---Rough Draft due April 1st. FINAL DUE in Ottawa County April 24th !
- Ottawa County Record Books-- Due date is June
- Ottawa County Point sheet--Turn in with County Record Books
- OHCE Scholarship Form--Turn in with County Record Books
- 4-H Youth Council Election Form--Turn in with County Record Books
- County Fair Special 4-H Participation Award--Keep track of all Fair exhibits...Due by NOON Thursday during the Fair!
- 4-H Judging Certification Form--To be filled out before any judging contest
- ON-Trac--For 4-H Leaders to plan local club meetings.