Areas of Expertise
I enjoy helping Choctaw County agricultural producers and teaching across a wide range of topics, although I’m probably most well-known for my work with horses – I serve as chairman of the District 4 horse show committee. For many years, we’ve also held Wednesday morning 4-H workshops for youth, typically 35-60 young people at a time, to provide an outlet for ongoing leadership development and other team building activities.
I hold Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in agricultural education from Oklahoma State University.
- Master Cattleman
- Master Gardner
- ATV Safety
- Forage College
- Container Recycling
- Youth Day Camps
- On Farm Demonstrations
- Research Trials in areas of Beef Cattle, Forages and Horticulture
- Co-authored Oklahoma Basic Meat Goat Manual
- The Effect of Colostrum on weight gain on lactating cows and their calves
- Effects of using Micotil 300, Liquamycin 200 or Terramycin: M.R. Montague, S.C. Smith and D. R. Gill
- Effects of deworming, dehorning and body temperature at processing on weight gain of newly received